1. Finish my thesis and graduate from Stanford with my MLA.
2. Train for and run a half-marathon. The longest distance I’ve run is the Bridge to Bridge 12K, but that was more than a year ago and I’ve lost a lot of conditioning. I’m thinking the Jungle Run half would be a good event to shoot for.
3. Travel solo through Belgium and the Netherlands, specifically Amsterdam, Bruges, and Brussels, and maybe Haarlem and Edam. I haven’t taken an entire trip alone in a while and think it’s time to do it again.
4. Ride my new PUBLIC C7 bike on errands around town and on leisurely neighborhood or coastside rides, eventually working up to biking to and from work at least once a week by this summer.
5. Learn to put on eyeliner. (Heh.)
6. Begin the Basics series at Tante Marie’s Cooking School. Because really, how is it that I like to eat well but don’t really cook?
7. Visit my friend Shona in Minneapolis and photo-safari my favorite Everyday Poems for City Sidewalk.
8. Volunteer at least once a month at Art in Action or RAFT (Resource Area for Teaching). Also excited to see that Bring Me a Book is now hosting volunteer events again!
And I’m super-excited about watching and listening to the San Francisco Symphony perform Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos No. 2, 3, and 6 with my friend Bill in May! Snagged seats in the Center Terrace, which is directly behind the orchestra and supposed to be pretty stellar. Hoping to join my friend Andy to see Paco de Lucía perform for the L.A. Phil at Walt Disney Concert Hall too. Spanish guitar is so moving.